‘Shia Ithna’asheri Madressa of Essex aims to provide its students a foundation in Quran, Islamic Law (Fiqh), Islamic History (Tareekh), and Islamic Conduct (Akhlaq). Shia Ithna’asheri Madressa Essex’s focus is also set on to help Muslim children acquire the necessary skills to enable them to constructively contribute to the wellbeing of the society in which they live.’
Code of Conduct 2016
- Class location: All students must familiarise themselves with location of their classes and nearest fire exit.
- Snacks: Children should be provided with light snacks to be consumed during break-time only. No food / drink must be consumed in classes during teaching time.
- First Aid: If you are hurt and need medical attention, tell your teacher. During break time or in his / her absence, please contact Dr Qamar Abbas / Mrs Saira Haji / Zubair Zaidi / Mashood Shah.
- Attendance: Attendance will be registered at 09:45. If you arrive after 1000. It will be marked ½ absent. All attendances are marked towards final exams. If a child is being regularly late, a meeting between parents and Principal / Deputy Principal may be required before allowing the child back in class.
- Absence: In case of a child’s absence, Madressa administration team must be informed.
- Entrance: All parents are encouraged to bring their children to School main hall and collect them from School building. This is to avoid children walking unattended in School parking, which is our due responsibility due to health and safety concerns.
- Discipline: Madressa administration will request strict observation of discipline. All parents are requested to encourage their children to observe discipline in Madressa. Madressa requires parents’ full cooperation to achieve good disciplinary standards in Madressa. Therefore, any events will be reported to Principal / Deputy Principal. It will be on their discretion and assurance from parents that the pupil is allowed back in Madressa community.
- Mobile Phones: Mobile phones are strictly forbidden at Madressa. Any urgent messages should be relayed to Minaz Kapasi (Administrator) or Sister Syeda Ambreen Rahat (Parents’ representative).
- Dress Code: Dress code observation will apply on all teachers / students / parents attending any Madressa proceeding.
- Boys are requested to wear full length shirts and trousers.
- Girls are requested to wear knee-length tops and head coverings as well.
- Manuals etc.: Pupils are always expected to bring their manuals and writing aids. In senior classes, if required, a copy of Holy Quran and Islamic Laws from Ayatullah Sistani should also be brought in. Madressa will provide first copy of Islamic Laws. If further copies are needed, these can be provided at the market price. Pupils are strictly required to treat their manuals with utmost respect. The manuals contain holy writings. In case of losing or destroying manuals, a charge will apply to replace.
- Class cleanliness: Madressa hires Chancellor Park premises to run its activities. At the end of Madressa, all possessions must be collected and class-room must be left tidy as we find it. This is the responsibility of all students. Students should check with the teacher of last lesson, whether cleanliness is acceptable.
- Salaat: Salaat recitations are carried out at 1330 in main hall. All students are required to get there in time after doing wudhoo. No students are exempt from doing salaat.
Parents’ Representative: In case of any questions/need, please contact Parents’ representative (Sister Syeda Ambreen Rahat) firstname.lastname@example.org or 07456018831, who will liaise with concerned administration / teaching personnel and report back to you.
DOWNLOAD COPY HERE